What is Pro Yellow Laser?
The German-engineered Quadrostar Pro Yellow Laser is an improved version of the commonly used Dual Yellow / Combination laser. Due to its special wavelength of 577nm, the ProYellow laser represents the gold standard for vascular treatments and epidermal pigmentation treatments.
What is so special about it?
- Special wavelength 577nm, instead of a mixture of 532nm (green) and 577 ( pure yellow light) it can be used to treat darker skin types safely. The wavelength of 532nm is believed to have higher risk of leaving hyperpigmentation on Asian’s darker skin tone. –> Safe & Effective
- It is absorbed by both melanin ( pigments) and the underlying blood vessels. This results in breakdown of pigments and at the same time, reduce the blood supply to the skin cells that are producing these pigments. –> Prevention and to ensure longer-lasting results.
You can see from the graph 577nm is effectively absorbed by melanin and oxyhemoglobin.
- It is very versatile. It is used for a variety of conditions such as pigmentation, facial flushing, acne treatment, post-acne redness, skin brightening and rejuvenation. –> One treatment, multiple results.
What Can Pro Yellow Laser treat?
- Vascular Lesions. Facial/nose broken veins, do they sound disturbingly familiar to you? They are caused by small, dilated capillaries and usually appear as red spots or “veins” on the skin. ProYellow Laser can treat by shrinking the vessels with no damage to the capillaries. It can also be used to treat cherry angioma and a condition called rosacea.
- Acne – ProYellow Laser kills the Propionibacterium acnes bacteria, shrinks the sebaceous glands that produce sebum and reduces redness caused by inflammation. It is my favourite go to remedy for my acne patients.
- Pigmentation (melasma, sun/age spots/ freckles) – ProYellow Laser absorbs the melanin and breaks down the pigments.It not only treats the visible spots on the face, but also the underlying vessels.
- Glass Skin Rejuvenation – ProYellow Laser’s energy is absorbed into the skin layer to treat and improve the skin’s support structure. The yellow light and heat energy also stimulates collagen production, resulting in brighter and healthier skin.
How is it performed?
Step 1: Skin is cleansed thoroughly and a laser protective goggles is placed over the eyes for protection.
Step 2: Laser beam is directed on the face. You will feel warm sensation when the skin absorbs the laser beams.
Step 3: Soothing Mask is applied.
Voila! Procedure is done in 20-30 minutes. At Kaiteki, an additional pampering shoulder massage is usually rewarded for our patients during mask application. *winks*
I’m worried about the downtime. Is there any downtime for Pro Yellow laser?
Generally for Glass Skin brightening protocol there is usually no downtime.
For pigmentation treatment, some pigments will look darker initially right after the treatment. It usually lasts for 3-5 days and it gradually lightens after that.
For removal of red veins and red acne marks, flushed skin will be expected due to the heat. Flushing will last from 2 – 24 hours and gradually subside.
Last but not least, there are so many lasers in the market. Why Pro Yellow Laser?
- Greater comfort during the procedure
- A shorter healing period, less downtime and swelling
- Reduced risk of side effects such as blisters, burns or pigmentation change
- Ability to safely treat darker skin types, which is not typical for most lasers
- Ability to safety treat sensitive skin types such as those with rosacea or eczema
For further details regarding ProYellow laser or your skin concern, kindly contact Kaiteki Skin Aesthetic Laser at 03-79322711 to schedule an appointment.
Location: Kaiteki Skin Aesthetic Laser, B-1-03, The Hub SS2, 19 Sentral, Jalan Harapan, Seksyen 19, 46300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Operating hours: Weekdays 10am-7pm, Weekends 10.30am-6pm