Hundreds of tiny pin pricks going into your skin might sound scary, but did you know it could just be the best thing that ever happened to your face?
Microneedling involves using fine needles to create hundreds of tiny, invisible puncture wounds in the top layer of skin.
The micro-injuries that are created stimulates the body’s natural wound healing processes, resulting in cell turnover and increased collagen and elastin production. Microneedling works the same way lasers do, only you’re injuring the skin mechanically instead of using heat or light.
What are the benefits of Microneedling?
- One of the main benefits of microneedling is its ability to stimulate the growth of collagen and elastin, which is the key to new, youthful-looking skin
- Because of its ability to trigger the generation of new skin cells, it can reduce fine lines or deep wrinkles.
- Enhance skin texture and reduce pore size.
- Reduce acne scars via natural skin repair process. For severe acne scars, however, you may need deeper needles for maximum results.
- The tiny punctures from microneedling actually act like little channels, allowing topical products to penetrate better and work more effectively.
What to expect from Microneedling Treatment?
The most common side effect is minor swelling or skin irritation immediately following the procedure. You may also see redness for a few days. However, these should clear up within a few days. Avoid picking at your skin, as this can lead to further scarring.
It’s also not recommended to go for microneedling treatment if you have active acne, eczema or skin irritation.
What to do after my microneedling treatment?
- Avoid sun tanning and prolonged exposure to direct sunlight for at least 2 weeks
2. Use gentle, unscented products with non irritating ingredients
3. Avoid using makeup to cover redness as it will clog pores on your newly exposed skin.
4. Avoid hot yoga, swimming, saunas, and situations where you might sweat heavily.
At Kaiteki, customised solutions are paired with microneedling treatment to give off most optimum results. For instance, PDRN is used together with microneedling to improve on acne scars and enhance skin texture while microbotox is used to reduce pore size.
For more detailed consultation with our team of doctors, kindly contact Kaiteki Skin Aesthetic Laser at 03-79322711 to schedule for an appointment.
Location: Kaiteki Skin Aesthetic Laser, B-1-03, The Hub SS2, 19 Sentral, Jalan Harapan, Seksyen 19, 46300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Operating hours: Weekdays 10am-7pm, Weekends 10.30am-6pm