Table of Contents
What is Nose Thread Lift?
A nose thread lift is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure that uses thin, absorbable threads (typically made of polydioxanone) to lift and reshape the nose. The threads are inserted through small incisions in the nose and then used to lift and define the shape of the nose.
The procedure is relatively quick and recovery time is minimal. The results of the treatment are not as dramatic as those of a traditional surgical nose job, but they can provide a subtle lift and improvement in the shape of the nose.
How Does Nose Thread Lift Work?
Step 1: Preparation
- The procedure is done under local anesthesia and takes about 30 minutes.
- The patient will be advised to avoid blood-thinning medications and supplements for a week or two before the procedure.
Step 2: Incision and thread insertion
- A small incision is made inside the nostril or at the base of the nose.
- A thin, hollow needle is used to insert the threads into the nose.
- The threads are used to lift and reshape the nose.
Step 3: Recovery
- The patient may experience mild swelling and bruising, but this should subside within a few days.
- The patient can return to normal activities immediately after the procedure, but should avoid strenuous activity for a week or two to allow the nose to heal.
Step 4: Results
- The results of the treatment are visible immediately and will continue to improve over the next few weeks as the threads settle into place.
- The results typically last for about a year or two before the threads are fully absorbed by the body and the nose returns to its original shape. Repeat treatments may be necessary to maintain the desired results.
What Result Can I Expect?
The results of the treatment can vary depending on the individual’s anatomy and the specific areas of the nose being targeted. However, some common results that can be expected include:
- A subtle lift of the nasal bridge
- A sharper and more defined nasal tip
- An improvement in the symmetry of the nose
- A reduction in the appearance of a “bump” on the bridge of the nose
- A subtle reduction in the size of the nostrils
It’s important to note that the results of the treatment are not as dramatic as those of traditional surgical rhinoplasty. The procedure is designed to provide a subtle, natural-looking lift rather than a complete reshaping of the nose.
It’s a good idea to review before and after photos to get a sense of the potential results of the procedure and to make sure you have realistic expectations for your own results.
How Long Does Nose Thread Lift Last?
The results of a nose thread lift typically last for about a year or two before the threads are fully absorbed by the body and the nose returns to its original shape. The longevity of the results can depend on a number of factors, including the type of thread used, the skill of the practitioner, and the individual’s metabolism.
The threads used in this treatment are made of a material that is gradually absorbed by the body over time. This means that the lift provided by the threads will gradually decrease as the threads are absorbed. The threads can also be adjusted or removed if desired.
The results of a nose thread lift are not permanent and repeat treatments may be necessary to maintain the desired results. The practitioner will discuss with you how often the procedure will need to be repeated to maintain the results.
Do keep in mind that this treatment is not a replacement for a surgical rhinoplasty, it’s a non-invasive procedure that provides subtle and natural-looking results. If you’re looking for a more dramatic change in the shape of your nose, a surgical rhinoplasty might be a better option.
What Are The Side Effects And The Risks?
Nose thread lift is generally considered a safe procedure with a low risk of complications. However, as with any medical procedure, there are potential side effects and risks associated with a nose thread lift. Some possible side effects and risks include:
- Swelling and Bruising: Swelling and bruising are common side effects. These symptoms are typically mild and will subside within a few days.
- Pain: Some patients may experience mild pain or discomfort during or after the procedure. This can be managed with over-the-counter pain medication.
- Infection: Although rare, infection is a possible complication. This can be avoided by following proper aftercare instructions and keeping the area clean.
- Allergic reactions: Some patients may experience an allergic reaction to the materials used in the thread lift. This is rare but can be treated with antihistamines or other medications if necessary.
- Thread migration: In rare cases, the threads may migrate or shift out of place after the procedure. This can be corrected with a follow-up procedure.
- Unsatisfied results: Although uncommon, the patient may not be satisfied with the results of the procedure, or the results may not be as expected.
- Scarring: Although the procedure is done through small incisions, there is a small chance of scarring.
- Thread visibility: In rare cases, the threads may be visible through the skin.
Who Is Not Suitable for This Treatment?
People who have had previous nose surgery
If you have had previous nose surgery, a nose thread lift may not be recommended as the procedure can interfere with the healing process of the previous surgery.
People with certain medical conditions
If you have a medical condition that affects your ability to heal or that increases your risk of infection, a nose thread lift may not be recommended. Examples include people with diabetes, autoimmune disorders, or blood clotting disorders.
People with very thick or oily skin
People with thick or oily skin may not be good candidates as the threads may not be able to provide the lift and definition needed.
People with unrealistic expectations
If you have unrealistic expectations for the results of the procedure, a nose thread lift may not be recommended. The procedure is designed to provide a subtle, natural-looking lift rather than a complete reshaping of the nose.
Pregnant or breastfeeding women
Pregnant or breastfeeding women are not recommended to get any aesthetic treatments.
What are the benefits of Nose Thread Lift?
- Minimal invasiveness: It is a minimally invasive procedure that does not require incisions or general anesthesia. This means that recovery time is shorter and there is less risk of complications compared to traditional surgical rhinoplasty.
- Immediate results: The results of the treatment are visible immediately after the procedure and continue to improve over the next few weeks as the threads settle into place.
- Natural-looking results: Because the threads used in the treatment are thin and absorbable, they mimic the natural contours of the nose and provide a subtle, natural-looking lift.
- Customizable: The procedure can be customized to target specific areas of the nose, such as the tip, bridge, or nostrils.
- Non-permanent: The threads used in the procedure are absorbable by the body, so the results of the treatment are semi-permanent and can be adjusted or reversed over time if desired.
- Low risk: It carries a low risk of complications, but as with any procedure, there are risks such as infection, bleeding, and allergic reactions.
- Cost-effective: Nose thread lift is generally less expensive than traditional surgical rhinoplasty and is a good option for those who want to improve the appearance of their nose without the cost and downtime associated with surgery.
How Much Do Nose Thread Lift Cost?
The price of nose thread lift varies depending on the number of threads and type of threads used. The nose thread lift Malaysia price is in the range of RM1500 – RM4000.
Looking forward to understand more about nose threat lift treatment? Schedule an appointment with one of our doctors here to see if you are recommended to accept this treatment.
In the meantime, if you are looking to compare the differences between Nose Thread Lift and Nose Filler (Rhinoplasty), make sure to check out this blog here!